Monday, December 10, 2012

The Kitchen Master

Grandpa Norm kept me busy in the kitchen this weekend.
He attempted to teach me how to make gravy AND proper stock. This was after we had hit up some wineries so I'm not quite sure how much of it will stick. He did send me home with the stock so tonight I made up some Chicken and Dumplings. I did not have any Bisquick so I made my own. It worked but I thought the dumplings were a little on the dense side. Bisquick always makes nice fluffy dumplings.
Homemade Dumplings
(adapted from Betty Crocker)
Ingredients:
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon parsley flakes, if desired
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
Directions:
1. Mix flour, parsley, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.  Stir in milk.
2. Drop dough by 10 spoonfuls onto hot meat or vegetables in boiling stew. Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment