Monday, December 3, 2012

Desperate Pasta

I don't know what to call this dish....other than I really need to go grocery shopping. I was totally winging it, I did have a vague idea in my head from some recipes I had seen online but nothing solid. I tossed some spaghetti with a little olive oil and added this spicy garlicky cheesy breadcrumb mixture. Not bad. I had the leftovers for lunch and it definitely grew on me. It's a tad on the drier side but not really because of the olive oil. It's a weird sensation. It was a nice change up from sauce, especially when you don't have any in the house! It was totally slumming it though.
Spicy Garlicky Cheesy Breadcrumb Pasta
AKA: Someone needs to grocery shop.
Ingredients:
1/2 box spaghetti
A spot of olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 or more garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Make pasta according to directions, drain water and then mix with a spot of olive oil.
2. While pasta is cooking melt butter in a saucepan. Saute garlic and red pepper for a couple of minutes.
3. Add bread crumbs and cheese to garlic butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Combine pasta and breadcrumb mixture, toss well to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment