Romance! I'm glad that my cooking skills are coming in handy and keeping me safe. Martha, Martha, Martha you have done it again. Tonight I once again cooked Martha's Perfect Roast Chicken (at the specific request of Mr. Lawyer) and once again it came out marvelous, proving that it wasn't just a fluke. This recipe is solid gold. It was served up with some Mashed Maple Squash and a lovely loaf of French Bread with a smothering of Parmesan Chive Butter. Oh and some lovely NYS wine from Rasta Ranch! As an added bonus it was all timed perfectly and ready to go as soon as Mr. Lawyer walked through the door (Go Apartment Girlfriend, Go!).
Mashed Maple Squash
(The kitchen of Jenni, picked up from the Mother Unit)
1 whole butternut squash
2 tablespoons butter
Maple Syrup (not measured)
Salt and Pepper
1. Hack that squash in two and scoop out the seeds!
2. Spread a tablespoon of butter on each half, leaving a piece in the scooped out part. Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle maple syrup over each half, let a bunch pool in the scooped part.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes (depends on the size of your squash), until soft.
5. Scoop the squash out of the skin and mash it up! Add more maple syrup if desired.