(Adapted from allrecipes.com)
Desired Seasonings (such as pepper, garlic, and basil)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the pitas into quarters or eighths using a pizza cutter, then separate the triangles. Divide them up into two piles, thinner and thicker slices.
3. Mix olive oil and seasoning.
4. Place one group of slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil mixture
5. Bake for approximately 7 minutes.
6. Repeat with second batch.
It’s not necessary to divide the triangles before baking but I like too because the thinner ones bake more quickly. I would recommend keeping an eye on them the whole time as they can burn very quickly. I used ¼ cup olive oil with ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon dried basil, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder the first time I made these. The second time I used Pino’s Press Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and sprinkled some red pepper flakes on some of them for a little kick. Feder's Fresh has the most amazing pitas that I can't get enough of and have been using for this recipe, delicious!
Pico de Gallo (Salsa Fresca)
From Everyday Food Magazine
2 medium Tomatoes
1 small Onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
Cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Chop everything up and let it sit for at least 15 minutes, add the cilantro before serving.