What to make on a cold, blustery December day?
Apple Strudel Muffins!
12-18 full size muffins
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup softened butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1¼ teaspoon vanilla
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups apples (half chopped, half shredded)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease your muffin tin.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
3. In a second bowl mix butter, brown and white sugars, and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla and apples. Then combine with flour mixture.
4. Mix strudel topping ingredients in a different bowl.
5. Pour batter into muffin tin, top with strudel and bake for 20 minutes.
These work well as mini muffins too, just bake them for a few minutes less. If you’re feeling ambitious you can double the strudel mix and layer it into the middle of the muffin. The strudel is my favorite part so I always make a double batch and really layer it on. Mmmm gooey melty strudel. Mr. Lawyer loves these and I doubt they will last through the week.