Thursday, June 23, 2011

Squash Me!

I've been a horrible slacker. There has been summer camp, concerts, birthdays, 9:30 bedtimes and not a whole lot of legit cooking (although I did eat a whole box of Wegmans mac and cheese spirals under extenuating circumstances. WIN.) Next week I will be all planned out and on top of things. On Monday I did make this squashy pasta sauce experiment that was inspired by a dish I made last summer.
Farmer's Market Squash Saute
(Kraft Food and Family Magazine)
Ingredients:
2 zucchini, sliced
2 yellow squash, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Cook zucchini and squash in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, cook 3 minutes or until veggies are tender crisp.
2. Remove from heat, stir in mozzarella and basil. Sprinkle with parmesan.

It was simple and delicious. It's quite the little summer time dish too, all sorts of nice in season veggies. So Monday this recipe became my inspiration for dinner. I followed the recipe up until the cheese part. Instead of adding the cheese I added some left over sauce that we had, then threw it on some pasta, put on the parm and ta-da! Veggie Pasta Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment