Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shrooms!

I decided to have a mushroomfest yesterday. I made a Tasty Thai dish with mushrooms and peppers and for an appetizer I made mushroom bites with aioli. Spoiler alert and included especially for Mrs. T: I failed miserably at the aioli and the picture is not pretty. While it tasted nice and garlicky, it looked nothing like aioli. I'm not even going to include the recipe because it was no fun (and over simplified I think). After my aioli disaster I did whip up some Old Bay Mayo which was an excellent condiment. The mushrooms were perfectly fine but didn't wow me. I'd look for other recipes but keep this on hand for emergencies (because we all have emergencies involving an overabundance of mushrooms and impromptu dinner parties). It was quick, easy and simple....except for that aioli. Ew gross.
Mushroom Bites with Aioli
(from Make It Yourself: Snacks)
Ingredients:
4 oz fresh white bread (I used potato because that's what we had)
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
2 egg whites
8 oz white mushrooms
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Grate breadcrumbs and mix them with paprika and cheese.
3. Dip each mushroom into lightly whisked egg whites, cover in bread crumbs and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment