Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nerd Things

Mr. Lawyer's post-Christmas fun involves playing with his new electronics and dvds. My post-Christmas fun involved spending over an hour cleaning and reorganizing my spice cabinet while rocking out to ABBA. Why yes, I did get made fun of for that (someone came home early and caught me in the act!).
Fun present that started the reorganizing! I love that Penzeys uses cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, and nutmeg for packing purposes. Any ideas for saffron? I've never used it before!
I have an insane amount of essential oils, extracts, pastes, and emulsions for baking. They are obnoxious little bottles that get knocked over and have a nasty habit of hurtling out of the cabinet towards the floor. I have solved this by putting them into a cute little box for easy access and containment purposes. I don't know why it took me two years to think of this. 
My masterpiece!
Top Row (L to R): various salts and peppercorns, extracts and oil box, jars of nuts and things
Middle Row (L to R): baking ingredients, a row of asian ingredients, a row of sweet things (cinnamon, molasses, corn syrup, etc), a row of vinegars, and a row of oils.
Bottom Row (L to R): heavily used items (olive oil, vanilla, garlic powder) followed by an impressive array of herbs and spices.

1 comment:

  1. Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands?
    Ticking away with my sanity
    I've got too much time on my hands
    It's hard to believe such a calamity
    I've got too much time on my hands
    And it's ticking away - ticking away from me

    Too much time on my hands
    (T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)
    Too much time on my hands
    (And I don't know what to do with myself)
    Too much time on my hands
    Too much time on my hands
    (T-T-T-Ticking away)
    Too much time on my hands
    Too much time on my hands
    (Too much time on my hands)
    (Too much time on my...)

    ReplyDelete