Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chicken, Chicken, Chicken

We had a lot of leftover chicken from our Perfect Roast Chicken so I decided to make some chicken and dumplings. My grandpa always makes this for me when I visit and it's one of my favorite comfort foods. I use chicken broth because I'm lazy but he makes his own stock from his leftover chicken. Actually, I don't like a lot of chicken in my dumplings and have even made it without chicken pieces.
Chicken and Dumplings
(From the kitchen of Grandpa Norm)
Ingredients:
4 cups of chicken broth (I like lots of gravy, you can always use less)
Chicken (pieces or shredded)
2 cups bisquick
2/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper
Directions:
1. Mix the bisquick and milk together to form a dough while you bring the broth and chicken to a boil.
2. Add spoonfuls of dough into the broth and bring it down to a simmer. Simmer it uncovered for 10 minutes and then covered for 10 more minutes (for a total of 20 minutes).
3. Serve in dishes, season with salt and pepper, and feel all homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment