So dinner was a disaster. But it still tasted good soooo only a half disaster?
1. I forgot to trim the bottom of the asparagus which results in stringy chewy bits.
2. For the life of us we cannot master my grill pan for anything other than burgers or sausages. Steaks and pork chops always start to burn before they are cooked in the middle. High heat or low heat it doesn't seem to matter. I can cook better on a real grill. Or in a frying pan.
3. Mr. Lawyer's grand master plan for hollandaise sauce didn't come out too well. While it tasted good it separated and looked wretched. So bad in fact that he wouldn't let me post a picture (and I always listen to lawyers!).
Chocolate Soft Serve Ice Cream
(it came with the machine)Ingredients:
4 teaspoons unsweetened baking cocoa
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine cocoa and sugar and stir to mix.
2. Add a small amount of half-and-half and mix.
3. Add remaining half-and-half and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
4. Put into your ice cream machine and hit the on button!
Our little blue ice cream machine hard at work.