It's no secret, I love gin. So when I saw this recipe, I had to make it immediately even though it's more of a summer drink. I omitted the mint and thought it was fine. The blackberry taste is very faint (Mr. Lawyer couldn't taste it at all). My only warning is to watch the club soda and not add too much!
(from we are not martha)Ingredients:
6 oz. blackberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon mint, chopped finely
2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 oz. gin
1/2-3/4 C club soda
1. Place blackberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once blackberries are warm, smush them all up.
3. Strain blackberry mixture and put the juice in the fridge for 15 minutes. Reserve pulp if you'd like to use as a garnish.
4. Add ice, mint, lemon juice, gin and blackberry juice to a shaker filled with ice. Shake, shake, shake! Divide between two glasses.
5) Add club soda until glasses are filled. Garnish with whole blackberries, blackberry pulp or lemon twist.