Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BBQ Lefties

I'll start with a disclaimer: due to my weird teaching schedule I normally skip breakfast (horrible!) and eat a heavier brunch. Today I had the genius idea of putting the leftover bbq pork and beans on a tortilla instead of a roll and it was so much better. To start with all the flavors are more prominent without all the bread (although I'm sure some of the flavors melted together after sitting in the fridge overnight). As an added bonus it is slightly more healthy! The tortilla had 110 calories where your average hard roll has 190. There was about 10 less carbs as well. Not a huge deal, especially when you're dumping bbq pork on it, but it's a small thing that makes me feel better. I know tortillas are one of those things I should upgrade to whole wheat but I still have texture issues with that but I suppose it's something to work towards.
I find that tortillas freeze well (very useful when there is a sale!). This helps feed my quesadilla addiction. I pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds with a damp paper towel over them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment