Monday, November 28, 2011

Fake Huevos Rancheros

I found this amazing recipe for huevos rancheros but alas I did not have many of the ingredients and my grocery budget informed me that running to the store was a no-go. I did however have a bunch of peppers and cherry tomatoes left over from last night's fish dish. Enter our poor man's huevos rancheros! Which, except for the salsa, was really more a veggie scramble. Ah well, can't go wrong with breakfast for dinner right?
Veggie Scramble
(from our kitchen of leftovers)
Ingredients:
6 eggs
Little bit of milk
Peppers
Tomatoes
Shredded Cheese
Salsa
Salt and Pepper 
Directions:
1. Saute up your veggies. In a bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.
2. Add egg mixture to pan and cook till done, adding cheese at the end.
3. Top with a little salsa and pretend that it's yummy huevos rancheros.

No comments:

Post a Comment