Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hot Toddy!

We survived Disney! But now I'm coming down with a cold which I will blame on our hellacious airplane ride home. Nothing like being stuck in a holding pattern above Philly for 30 minutes after the bumpiest flight I have ever been on. Luckily Mr. Lawyer whipped me up this Hot Toddy to help with my throat....and by help I mean burn with both temperature and whiskey. Whiskey is not my favorite liquor so the first few sips made me make a face and go yiiiiiikes! But it will definitely help me sleep! We're going to get my penguin humidifier out too!
Whiskey Hot Toddy
(from the Ultimate Bar Book)
Ingredients:
Lemon slice studded with 3 whole cloves
1 teaspoon granulated or brown sugar
Pinch of grated or ground nutmeg
1.5 ounces bourbon
6 ounces boiling water
1 cinnamon stick
Directions:
1. Drop the clove-studded lemon slice into a warmed heat-resitant mug.
2. Add sugar, nutmeg, and bourbon.
3. Pour in the boiling water, and stir with the cinnamon stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment