Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hot Buttered Rum!

"I know it's bad because you're not complaining" says my darling Mr. Lawyer who surprised me with better cold medicine (where is the theraflu people?!) and pitas last night. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and powered through many sickness adventures which resulted in me winning the perfect attendance award every year for grades 6 through 12 and never missing a college class. Nerd. However, that doesn't mean that I don't dramatically and loudly announce my slow death when I come down with a cold....much to Mr. Lawyer's delight. This better be my body getting everything out of the way for this winter because between the bug I had the other week and this miserable cold I am done being sick. Plus I'm almost out of tea! On the upside Mr. Lawyer has been making me delicious warm drinks and is making dinner for me tonight!
Hot Buttered Rum
(from The Ultimate Bar Book)
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 ounces hot water or milk
2 ounces dark rum
1 tablespoon butter
Freshly grated or ground nutmeg
Directions:
1. In a warmed heat-resistant mug, combine brown sugar and hot water, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the rum, and float the butter on top.
3. Sprinkle nutmeg over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment