Thursday, October 4, 2012

Coffee Heaven!

Oh my god Philly what did you do with my Fall?! One nice week of proper fall weather and now it's all high 70s hello humidity. Blerg. At least the gray skies is working in your favor but it's like a bright gray, I still wore my sunglasses. So on this not so fine, oddly hot and humid, cloudy afternoon I found myself falling asleep while lesson planning. Pinterest to the rescue!

I love yummy flavored coffee drinks from coffee shops. It's how I survived grad school/student teaching, never underestimate the power of a well placed white chocolate mocha during a 3 hour night class. I do not love how much sugar/calories each glorious cup contains and the price tag that is attached to it! Needless to say I rarely get yummy coffee treats anymore unless we're traveling. This recipe is going to change that! It was delicious, tasted like the real deal, and you can control the sugar/calorie amount! Plus I had all the ingredients so my immediate out of pocket cost was zero. Winner. Whipped cream is never optional and don't skip the salt! Just a pinch makes a nice flavor contrast.
Salted Caramel Mocha
(Pinterest find! From 52 Kitchen Adventures)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup coffee
1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
1-2 tablespoons hot chocolate powder
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup milk
Whipped cream
Extra caramel sauce and sea salt to drizzle/sprinkle on top
Directions:
1. Prepare coffee. 
2. Place caramel sauce, cocoa powder and sea salt in a mug. 
3. Pour coffee into mug, stirring to combine everything. 
4. Heat milk in microwave or on the stove and add to mug, stirring everything to combine. 
5. Taste and add more caramel, cocoa and/or salt to taste. 
6. Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and a tiny pinch of sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment