Saturday, October 8, 2011

Alcohol + Milkshake = Great Idea

I love fall and finally got my hands on the last two cans of pumpkin at Whole Foods. That stuff is like gold....goopy gelatinous gold. To help us get through the Phillies dismal performance I whipped up a batch of these bad boys and man oh man, after one of these I didn't care as much....or I was semi-comatosed on the couch during the 8th inning.
Bourbon Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes
(adapted from how sweet it is)
Ingredients:
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream or half and half
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste!)
2/3 cup pumpkin
1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
2-3 ounces of bourbon
cinnamon sugar for rimming the glasses
Directions:
1. Rim your glasses, I used our martini glasses because they don't get used enough and they looked beautiful.
2. Throw it all in the blender!

They were insanely rich. My favorite part was getting the little chunks of graham crackers. We didn't finish the whole batch so I froze it and used it to top our pumpkin waffles the following morning....because alcoholic ice cream at 8 in the morning is completely okay.
Side note: I love how dark and spooky and halloween-y this picture is.

No comments:

Post a Comment