Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hot Dog Sauce

I found this hot dog sauce on pinterest, it seemed to be very popular. It's a copycat recipe from a popular hot dog place in Utah. I loved it but I love all things sweet. It was like a nice bbq sauce. Mr. Lawyer does not love sweet things as much (except for me!) so we experimented with it. It is still delicious with a line of sriracha sauce (or your preferred hot sauce), that way you get a whole sweet and spicy thing going on. The recommended toppings were onions and banana peppers which makes sense to me, again with the sweet and spicy. One of my favorite Wawa hoagies is the honey roasted turkey with creamy horseradish and spicy peppers. I did halve the recipe and it was more that enough for 4 hot dogs. It's definitely a keeper, a nice change up from the standard ketchup and mustard.
J Dawgs Secret Sauce
(Pinterest find!)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in saucepan & heat to boiling on medium heat. Pour over hot dog.
Notes: it is suggested that you slice the hot dogs in a crisscross pattern to hold more sauce and serve with onions, hot peppers, and pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment