Sunday, May 20, 2012

Holy Fresh Fish!

I spent the most marvelous weekend doing just about nothing at the shore. I didn't think about the stack of papers waiting to be graded or making stressful wedding decisions, I was chillin' like a villain. It was perfect: solo beach walks, being a porch bum and catching up on six cooking magazines (I have a problem), painting my toenails, catnapping in the sunshine....all while the boys were out catching dinner!
From this:
 To this:
 And this in a matter of hours!
Doesn't get any more fresh!
 We rubbed the Striped Bass in olive oil, put on a coating of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and threw it on the grill. This seasoning was banging and satisfied my craving for spicy!
Our freshly caught meal was rounded out with my salt-pepper-garlic asparagus and potatoes. This was an easy decision because it requires few ingredients and I can do it with my eyes closed.
We winged dessert with some fresh blueberries heated up in some gin (based off my kid sundae) and served up with shortbread and cool whip.
 We were some thirsty fishermen/porch bums.
 And we ended the day with this:
Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Larry tells me that Kevin actually caught both of those fish!
    Our little shore house is a great place to de-stress. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete