Friday, May 11, 2012

Chickpeas!

I'm completely 50/50 on this recipe. It was useful for cleaning out the fridge because I had some celery and carrots languishing away but the celery didn't do anything for me (the original recipe called for chickpeas, celery, carrots and broccoli). I really only like celery raw with peanut butter. The sauce didn't really get thick either and I really like a nice thick stir fry sauce to coat all the veggies and rice. However, I am in love, love, love with the marinated chickpeas. Maybe it's because I haven't had them in forever or because I've never had them stir fried or because the marinade was delicious. I would make a batch just for them and omit all the other veggies (which I did in the below recipe). One more healthy veggie dinner down!
Chickpea Stir Fry
(found on pinterest from peasanthankyou.com)
Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions:
1. Mix everything together and let sit for 2 hours.
2. Stir fry your desired veggies and then add chickpeas with liquid.
3. Cook until sauce thickens up.

No comments:

Post a Comment