Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sage is the name of the game!

I did not have a game plan for dinner tonight but inspiration struck as I was leafing through a Food Network magazine waiting for our staff meeting to start. I love it when dinner comes together (especially when you heavily edited a recipe!), you have all the ingredients at home, and you're using up leftover bits. In this case I was using up leftover pumpkin, cream, onion, and fresh sage. The added bonus being I got to open a bottle of wine! Who doesn't like that? Plus gemelli pasta makes me insanely happy for some odd reason.
Pumpkin Sage Alfredo Sauce
(from my kitchen!)
Ingredients:
1 box of fun shaped pasta (GEMELLI!!!)
2 tablespoons butter
10 sage leaves
1/4 cup red onion, minced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup light cream
2 generous pinches of nutmeg
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to box.
2. Melt the butter and saute the onion and garlic for two minutes. Add the sage leaves and saute for two more minutes.
3. Whisk in the pumpkin, cream, and nutmeg.
4. Add in wine and parmesan. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Toss with pasta and serve with extra parmesan cheese.
Tablescape!

No comments:

Post a Comment