Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More Roasted Beans!

I really wanted to have some roasted chickpeas the other night but I was all out (there haven't been any good sales). So I tried roasted some cannellini beans....mixed results. Mr. Lawyer inhaled them while I was less than impressed. First off they burst open like popcorn which results in very crispy pieces and very soft pieces. Personally I like the pop of the chickpeas when you munch on them. My seasoning was also off. I used garlic powder and rosemary. The hints of rosemary was good but you couldn't taste the garlic at all! I thought I was heavy handed it with so I was a bit disappointed. 
If I had to rank all the beans I've roasted my favorite would be:
3. Roasted Cannellini Beans
Roasted Cannellini Beans
I followed my roasted chickpea recipe: coat the beans in olive oil and season with desired herbs/spices. Roasted at 400 for 20 minutes or until crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment