Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Blues

Last week the fiesta itch started again. I needed a new color or even just a new piece. I wasn't going to make it to my bridal shower. So I scored some cheap ebay finds. The first beauty to arrive was my sapphire tea cup! It's the perfect little pick me up for the Monday blues. Sapphire is considered a rare color because it was a special color made just for Bloomingdale's in 1996/97 and fired for only 180 days. This means the prices are outrageous! I only dreamed of sapphire until I spotted this little teacup for a steal. It's such a gorgeous bright blue, similar to vintage cobalt but even brighter.
Here it is on top of my peacock mug.
My Post 1986 Blues
Peacock, Turquoise, Periwinkle, Sapphire, Cobalt
Up close!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cricket,

    I love this color! But then again, royal blue was one of my wedding colors . :) Congrats on yours! I was wondering if you would be interested in a guest post. I have a couple of ideas that I think would be a great fit, but I couldn’t manage to find your email on your site. If you could get a hold of me at brenna (dot) ciummo (at) seattlecoffeegear (dot) com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,

    Brenna

    ReplyDelete