Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Spicy Kind of Night

As my 90 year old former co-worker use to say: this drink is hotter than the hinges of hell! I must have picked an amped out jalapeno because even seeded it was a beast! I was intrigued by the spicy citrus combination and we had a bunch of rum (leftover from our hurricane preparations) to use up so why not. It might have been luck of the jalapeno draw but the spiciness overpowered any pineapple flavor and I couldn't taste the rum at all. It's an intriguing recipe but it didn't wow me and won't be making a repeat performance! And then I spent the rest of the night rubbing my eyes with spicy jalapeno fingers. Fun times.
Pineapple-Jalapeno Daiquiris
(from the Food Network Magazine)
Ingredients:
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced and seeded (or maybe just half!)
2.5 cups fresh chopped pineapple
3/4 cup rum
3 tablespoons sugar
1 lime, juiced
1.5 cups ice
Directions:
1. Combine sliced jalapeno with pineapple in a shallow dish. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
2. Transfer the pineapple mixture to a blender and add the rum, sugar, lime juice, and ice. Puree until smooth.
3. Divide among four glasses and garnish with a jalapeno slice or cilantro sprig.

No comments:

Post a Comment