Why are my lungs burning? Oh right, simmering jalapenos. This recipe was a little underwhelming. The flavor wasn't there for me. You could taste the jalapenos but the sweet orange flavor didn't pop. Of course we've been spoiled with some very flavorful and amazing salmon recipes lately: Sweet & Salty, Asian with Lime Drizzle, and Teriyaki with Sriracha Cream. I think that adding orange zest might have helped bring out the sweet orange flavor.
Jalapeno-Orange Glazed Salmon
2 jalapeños, 1 minced, 1 sliced
1/4 cup orange juice (and maybe some zest?!)
1/8 cup honey
2 salmon fillets
Salt and pepper
1) Put the minced jalapeño, orange juice, and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until it thickens.
2) Brush the salmon lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. When the jalapeno-orange juice mixture is done simmering, brush about half of the mixture over the salmon.
3) Grill salmon on medium-medium low in frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
4) Remove salmon from pan and immediately put jalapeño rounds in grill pan. Turn heat to medium-high and grill until browned.
5) Brush salmon with the remaining jalapeno-orange mixture and top with grilled jalapeno rounds.