This pasta was something. It was so soft and velvety. Amazing. Of course that's because it contains half a cup of olive oil and six tablespoons of butter but it was worth it. I'm sure you could get away with cutting back on some of the oil and butter. It was a nice change from sauce straight out of the jar: different taste, different texture, even better as left overs! I used a roasted veggie sauce and would definitely double the mushrooms next time. I loved the garlic flavor but it's not a date night recipe!
Garlic Mushroom Pasta
(Pinterest find! From Country Cleaver)Ingredients:
9 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 pound dried pasta
6 tablespoons butter
15 ounce jar of sauce
8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced (I would double this!)
1. Combine olive oil and garlic in a medium pot. Bring to a boil then turn to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Cook pasta
3. Add a little bit of olive oil to a skillet and cook mushrooms.
4. Combine pasta and mushrooms in the same pot.
5. Add butter to garlic oil and stir to melt. Stir in pasta sauce and mix well.
6. Add garlic sauce to mushroom pasta and toss to coat!