Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Chicken Hit!

This one was a hit! I love that it is a straight forward fix it and forget it meal. The sauce was amazing and I loved the taste of it before I cooked it. I bet it would be delicious on a stir fry too. The only thing I had to alter was the chicken, I used regular chicken thighs and halved the recipe. Delicious!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
(Pinterest find! From Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen)
Ingredients:
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I threw in some fresh ginger too)
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked long grain rice
Directions:
1. Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.  In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. 
2.  Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. 
3. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend. 
4. Serve with chicken and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment