Back in Syracuse we had a dinner inspired by Dave's trip to Belgium complete with mussels, waffles, and beer. You need the pearl sugar to give the waffles the right taste and texture. We found pearl sugar at Ikea of all places, in the food section near the registers.
2 cups flour
1 cup pearl sugar
1 cup melted butter
1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Take the lukewarm water and mix in yeast, 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar and salt. Let the yeast develop for 15 minutes. In the meanwhile melt the butter.
2. Add the flour to a large bowl, make a hole in the middle, pour in the yeast that you made in step one. Also add eggs and melted butter and knead until you get nice and even dough. Then let it rest so the yeast does it's magic and the dough doubles.
3. Now take the pearl sugar and gently mix it in.
4. Again, let it rest for 15 minutes, in the meanwhile you can turn on the waffle maker so its nice and hot.
5. Bake each waffle for 3-5 minutes.