Monday, April 18, 2011

The Sangria Bunny

In the past few years the Easter Bunny has gotten a wee bit alcoholic with his gift giving. This year he came early and left me with a bottle of Hazlitt Red Cat wine, cute little cocktail umbrellas and dark chocolate. Awesome. So I took advantage of my easter basket, the overabundance of random fruit in my kitchen, and the pleasantly warm weather to make some sangria. While there are many recipes for Sangria and I was inspired by the Food Network Magazine Article "Sangria Three Ways," I was feeling brave and winged it with whatever I had in the kitchen (Evidently this is how it was done back in the day).
Easter Bunny Sangria
(My Kitchen!)
Ingredients:
1 bottle of Hazlitt Red Cat wine
A couple of shots of Rum (or Brandy)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 Plum
1/2 Mango
Some Blackberries
Left over Strawberries (from the Pavlovas)
Seltzer
Directions:
1. Mix together the wine, rum, sugar and fruit. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.
2. Before serving add the seltzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment