Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

The centerpiece!
The Easter Bunny brought me broccoli salad. In this case the Easter Bunny is Grandma. I admit I have an unhealthy obsession with Grandma's broccoli salad and request it at every family gathering (if anything I am predictable). Responses range from "I'm on my way to the store for broccoli" to "Jenni, broccoli salad is not Thanksgiving food." False. Broccoli salad is all the time food. I am in possession of this recipe but I have never made it myself. I refuse. It always tastes better when Grandma makes it. However Mr. Lawyer thinks it would be a perfect shore food so I might relent this summer.
Grandma Nancy's Broccoli Salad
(the kitchen of Grandma!)
Ingredients:
Broccoli tops (1 good sized bunched), chopped fine
6 slices of bacon, fried crisp
1/2 cup chopped onion (red I believe)
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pineapple tidbits
Dressing Ingredients:
3/4 cup mayo
1/2 sugar (mix well)
1/2 cup vinegar
Directions:
Aaaaand that's all Grandma gave me. But it's a salad so it's not that complicated to throw together. However she does wait till serving to mix in the dressing and bacon. But it's also delicious the next day as leftovers (which I always steal and will fight my own brother and/or cousins for). In fact, I just finished some up now. Delicious.

1 comment:

  1. My recipe doesn't have the pineapple, raisins or seeds but calls for shredded mozzarella. Good either way.

    ReplyDelete