Monday, March 28, 2011

Lame Lemonade

Well. You've got to have the bad with the good right? Kind of like my burned pancakes. I made some lemonade Sunday evening and it was lame, I didn't even try to make it look pretty. But you always have to try new recipes because you never know. At the moment if you desire lemonade I recommend Food Network's Perfect Lemonade or if you want to mix it up a bit their Cinnamon Grapefruitade. This one let me down, it was more like lemon water. While the simple syrup is an obnoxious part in the Food Network recipe it adds a nice sweetness that this recipe was missing. I was excited about the prospect of just throwing everything in the blender and having lemonade without slaving away over the stove but alas, it was not meant to be. I did like the addition of ice in the blender which not only chilled the lemonade but gave it a slightly slushy texture.
Fresh Lemonade
(Ina Garten....don't worry, I still love you.)
Ingredients:
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
1/2 to 3/4 cup superfine sugar, to taste
1 cup crushed ice
4 cups water
Directions:
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment