Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brunch Disaster!

I clearly stated before I attempted to make brunch that I had never made pancakes before. Which is the truth. I'm more of a waffle girl. Bacon and Sausage I can handle. Scrambled eggs with cheese okay. Beyond that I've never really cooked a lot of breakfast food even though I love it and would do just about anything for a breakfast sandwich.  So it really should not come as any surprise that I burnt the pancakes (only on one side!). Luckily the burnt part peeled right off so no harm done. The recipe was solid. I was really being over ambitious and wanted to test out my new pancake pen and molds. I should have started with normal pancakes before attempting the molds. However they did work well and I loved the pen, I'm going to use it on my waffle iron next.

Fluffy Pancakes
(Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray
Directions:
1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
The most amazing Pancake Pen!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to waffles! (and it's true - do not get between this girl and her breakfast sandwiches) I made pancakes this weekend and flipped them for the first time WITHOUT the giant mess! OMG - I've obtained some coordination! (Though to be fair - yours are much awesomer than mine could ever be - even if you did burn them)

    ReplyDelete