Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mozzarella Toasts!

I've been horribly uninspired and lazy in the kitchen this week. But last month I made mozzarella toasts with left over bread and cheese! I used some of my fresh Wegman's basil (The Lawyer suggested naming the plant Baaasil but I think I'm just going to start calling it Weggy for Wegmans) and I made a balsamic reduction to top it all off. I brought this to lunch for at least half of summer camp, yay variety. Plus I had so much basil I didn't know what to do with it.
Mozzarella Toasts
(Just winging it)
Ingredients:
Toasted Bread
Mozzarella
Fresh Basil
Balsamic Vinegar
Optional: Sugar for a sweeter reduction
Directions:
1. Toast your bread, slice your cheese and chop up your basil. (Or toast your bread and cheese together for gooey cheese)
2. Heat up your balsamic on medium heat and reduce till syrupy and it coats a spoon (but don't burn your tongue taste testing like I did). If you want a sweeter reduction add in sugar to taste.
3. Be artsy and drizzle your reduction over your toasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment