Monday, August 19, 2013

Corn Pudding!

Mr. Lawyer's family has a delicious holiday tradition: corn pudding! Now I must admit when I spent my first Thanksgiving with his family and he was explaining it to me I was a bit skeptical. I think he used the words "mushy". I am happy to say that I'm a fan of corn pudding! It is a little mushy but it's also delicious!
Please admire the pretty vintage Forest Green plate (1951-1959) bought at an antique festival for a steal. It's in gorgeous condition with no visible scratching.
Corn Pudding
(from the kitchen of Mrs. T!)
Ingredients:
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 stick butter, melted
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- by 9-inch baking pan or a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Mix together the corn, Jiffy, sour cream and butter in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Delicious on served on top of some turkey chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment