Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries!

Sweet potatoes are surprisingly difficult to cut! Maybe a different knife is in order. The taste on these sweet potato fries was delicious. I used my creole seasoning which is always delicious. I had difficulty getting them completely crispy, some bits stuck to the pan and began to burn so I couldn't bake them longer. I found one recipe that suggested sprinkling the fries with cornstarch to help them crisp up, I'll have to try it. I will definitely use parchment paper next time too but I'm all out!
Sweet Potato Fries!
Ingredients:
1 or 2 sweet potato
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Creole Seasoning or preferred seasoning
Directions:
1. Cut up the sweet potatoes. Try to get it as uniform as possible for even baking.
2. Lightly coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil and seasonings.
3. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the fries in a single layer. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip fries over and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until crispy.
As you can see it got a little messy! Still delicious though. I'll be giving these another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment