Friday, April 13, 2012

Grandmothers and French Dressing

What is with Grandmothers and French Dressing? And why is it always delicious?! And always so super easy? First up we have Mr. Lawyer's Grandmom's Chicken, deliciously baked in french dressing and bread crumbs. Next we have Grandma Nancy's Apricot Chicken, baked in a lovely apricot-french dressing sauce. Obviously our Grandmothers were on to something.
I'm sure I'll get an angry phone call but here's Grandma and I at the Flower Show last year.
She also wants to know why I never cooked the entire semester I lived with her in grad school. HA! I think it had something to do with the fact that she always had dinner ready when I got home from class...

Mine didn't come out as well as Grandma's but I think that's because she makes her own salad dressing so her sauce is thicker. Plus she serves it with rice and I am all out of rice. First Mr. Lawyer complimented me on the dish but when I made the comment about rice and reminded him that my Grandma had served this to him back when we first started dating he changed his tone and it was all "Grandma does everything right. Grandma's was better." OH SNAP! See if I cook for you again this weekend. It is completely true though which is why I never make my own broccoli salad. Anyway, it was still delicious even though I didn't have any rice.
Apricot Chicken
(From Grandma Nancy)
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut into tenders
1 cup french or catalina dressing
1 cup apricot preserve
1 packet onion soup mix
Directions:
1. Placed sliced chicken breasts in an oven safe dish.
2. Mix together dressing, preserve and soup mix. Pour over chicken.
3. Bake at 350 for one hour.

**I had a ton of sauce and could have easily thrown in another chicken breast or two.**

No comments:

Post a Comment