Thursday, March 8, 2012

No More Chicken!

Mr. Lawyer ate the last piece of chicken lasagna for breakfast. Thank god. Last night we made chicken salad out of the last remaining bits. Don't get me wrong, getting a free chicken is awesome (thanks mom!) but I am so sick of chicken. I might have started clucking in my sleep.

My goal for this week was to not go to the grocery store for random ingredients. This meant we had to get creative with our chicken salad as we did not have any onion or celery. I started with the traditional base of mayo, salt and pepper. I was heavy handed with some onion powder to make up for the lack of real onions. Grapes and almond slices were thrown in for some sweetness and texture. It was all topped off with some avocado and a side of Grandma's pickles, delicious!
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds
(from the leftovers in my kitchen)
Ingredients:
Chicken
Mayo
Grapes
Almond Slices
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper
Avocado, for topping
Directions:
1. Mix it all up! I eyeballed it and did everything to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment