Friday, February 3, 2012

Cupcake Contest!

The first friday of every month my kids have a Home Ec type class that involves food. Today I got to help out and put together a cupcake decorating class. Because decorating cupcakes is an important life skill. I baked 50 cupcakes and each kid received two: one they could eat right away and one to enter in the cupcake contest (and then eat after lunch). It went really well and it was exciting to see some of the creativity come out!
Gathering up the supplies: a variety of colored frosting, sprinkles, oreo cookies, chocolate chips, almond slices, shredded coconut and M&Ms. All useful decorating things.
The Cupcake Contest!
Some up close shots. I made the bee.
I love it!

2 comments:

  1. OMG So fun Jenni!! They are all so beautiful, but I think the daisy with sliced almonds is my fav!

    ReplyDelete