Monday, February 6, 2012

Beans, Beans, Beans!

When I took a look at my cupboards today I realized that they had been colonized by beans. There were baked beans, spicy black beans, refried beans, red beans, kidney beans, and a dried white bean kit. Yikes! Mr. Lawyer had mention wanting to make the white bean chili kit but with this past weekends festivities it got away from us. We picked up this kit (for free!) on our vacation to NH and it contained dried beans and a spice mix. All I had to do was add chicken, water, chicken broth and a little salt. That is after I boiled and soaked the dried beans for eternity. I have never done anything with dried beans and now I know why all my food magazines recommend starting the soak before you go to bed and just leaving them over night! It was perfectly fine for a free meal starter but it could have used a little more spice. I did decide that there wasn't enough beans and threw in the can of kidney beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment