Sunday, February 23, 2014

Why Hello Bambi...

The Mother Unit and Frank gifted us with some venison a couple of months ago. Tonight the Bambi tenderloin made a delicious appearance! Next on the docket is the venison roast, perhaps making an appearance as some burgers. The marinade was quite good although I did add a couple extra dashes of worcestershire to my own tenderloin piece for some extra zip. Since we don't have a grill I cooked it up in my cast iron pan. I liked this marinade more than the herb marinade we had at First Thanksgiving but I missed the horseradish cream! The Kale Salad, my current favorite, made an appearance and as did some red beans and rice.
Venison Marinade 
(Pinterest find!)
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 to 1.5 pounds worth of venison tenderloin or steak
Directions:
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together in a plastic bag. Add the venison to the bag.
2. Place the bag in the fridge making sure the meat is in a single layer. Marinate at least 4 hours, turning every hour or so to marinate each side.
3. Remove the venison from bag. Grill meat (or cook in a cast iron pan!) until desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment