Sunday, December 8, 2013

Leftover Turkey Chili

Our lovely $10 turkey has been feeding us all week. Sadly we ran out of yummy sides so I decided to use the leftover meat to make a chili. I based the recipe off my Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili and used my homemade seasoning. It was a hit! It was nice and chunky which is what Mr. Lawyer likes. It was a great way to use up the turkey meat that had been sitting in the fridge a few days and was getting a little on the dry side. I currently have the turkey carcass simmering away on the stove making some broth which is perfect for a nice snowy day!
Leftover Turkey Chili
(from my kitchen!)
Ingredients:
1 red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans 
1 can chili beans
1 can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 packet taco seasoning (I used two tablespoons homemade seasoning)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 cups chopped or shredded turkey (or about 1 turkey breast)
Directions:
1. In a large pot saute the onion and pepper in a tablespoon or two of olive oil until soft.
2. Add in the seasoning, all the beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and turkey. Stir well. Let simmer until hot. 
3. Top with yummy things like cheddar cheese, sour cream, or green onions! Serve with cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment